Saturday 1 June 2013

Tech Task #6: Story Telling Part 2

For the second part of this task I decided to complete question #1 by creating one story using two different tools.

I found it quite difficult finding a tool that would work for me. However after some time of trying a ton of different tools I found Bubblr. I find cites with a ton of stuff every where very distracting and hard to use. I liked Bubblr because there is minimal things on the cite, making it very easy to use. There are a ton of examples to click on and visual cues to help you figure out what to do. One challenge with the site would be the font is very small, making it challenging to see what you are writing.

Using this cite would be very easy to implement in the classroom. I could see many students loving the comic book style of the story, especially students who struggle with reading. You could definitely use the cite as an introduction to story writing.


Below is a link to my story:

http://www.pimpampum.net/bubblr/?custom=






http://www.flickr.com/photos/organize/?start_tab=one_set72157633857914631

The next tool I used for the story was on Flicktion. I did not find it as easy to use as Bubblr and I probably wouldn't use it again. I did like the idea of the cite, to post one picture and write a story on one imagine. In the classroom I would use this activity as a lesson to teach children to write engaging stories based on one picture. Maybe if I had some help utilizing the cite it could have been more beneficial to me, however using it on my own did pose a challenge for me.








No comments:

Post a Comment